a dreamy afternoon at galeries lafayette!

After a long day of class, a few of us went on a little window shopping trip to Galeries Lafayette. 

I had heard how beautiful this department store was but it takes the art of shopping to a whole new level. Designer names and clothing pieces that were just amazingly gorgeous. 

Take a look at that ceiling!



And the view from the top wasn't too bad either! You can see the Opera Garnier and the Eiffel Tower really well here!



After walking around every inch of the store, we headed downstairs for some hot chocolate at Angelina.

Now this hot chocolate is claimed to be the best in the world. Naturally I had to test it for myself. 


Oh my, it was so rich that I could hardly finish my cup. A serving runs at about 8€ which is a little pricey, but the splurge was worth it. 


I also treated myself to a mille-feuille (or thousand layers) which was also worth the €. The restaurant itself was also delightful. It made me feel like Marie Antionette was going to sit down at our table any minute.




It was as delicious as it was beautiful. Long story short, you HAVE to make time for le chocolat chaud at Angelina.

Bon appetit,
Madeleine 

all photos property of madeleine bloxam. 

Madeleine B

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. You make everything sound like a not-to-be-missed attraction! Je t'aime!!!

    ReplyDelete